Onboard Computer Checklist
- Provide your DJI OSDK App ID and Key to your application. In the samples, this is done in the form of a config file parsed before activation.
- Set your serial port and baudrate in your application. In the samples, this is done in the form of a config file parsed before opening the serial port.
- Make sure you have permissions to read from and write to the serial and USB port. Follow the Environment Setup Guide for instructions on how to do this.
- For M210, extra steps are required. Please check out M210 Onboard Computer checklist.
- Consult the Hardware Setup Guide to check your API port connections.
- Make sure your Aircraft/FC has more than 50% battery power.
- If you are using LightBridge 2/ S-BUS, make sure your remote controller is powered on and paired. If you are using A3/N3 without an RC, consult the Environment Setup for more.
- Connect your Aircraft/FC's USB port to a computer running DJI Assistant 2
- On the SDK Page confirm that
- The box titled
Enable API Control is checked.
- The baudrate is the same as the one provided on the onboard computer. If you had to change this setting, re-start the FC/Aircraft.
- Not all the broadcast telemetries are set to
Do Not Send, i.e. at least something is broadcasting.
- Upgrade to the newest firmware that is officially supported by the OSDK version you are using.
- For M210, extra steps are required. Please check out M210 aircraft checklist.
- On the Simulator page,
- Set your desired GPS location.
- If your version of Assistant allows you to toggle
Battery Simulation, set it to
- Start the Simulator.
- For M210, extra steps are required. Please check out M210 simulation checklist.
Real-world Tests Checklist
- Please make sure you are in compliance with the flight laws in effect at your chosen flight location.
- Follow the setup instructions in your aircraft's user manual to ensure your aircraft is in good condition for a flight.
- Make sure you have tested your application in simulation before you try a real-world flight test.
- For M210, extra steps are required. Please check out M210 real-world flight checklist.