OSDK 3.7 Highlights
Release Date: 2018-08-14
- Many new telemetry topics: Local position in both GPS and GPS-denied situations, data from ESCs, more detailed RC data and additional state information. For a full list see API Reference
- New APIs:
KillSwitch API for emergency situations, new
MobileDevice API in preparation of a future update
- Improved samples, docs and misc. updates Telemetry documentation has been revamped, samples now demonstrate some additional typical use cases
New Feature Support:
- A3/A3 Pro: 126.96.36.199+
- N3: 188.8.131.52+
- M210/M210 RTK: 1.1.0911+
- A3/A3 Pro: 184.108.40.206+
- N3: 220.127.116.11+
- M100: 18.104.22.168+
- M600/M600 Pro: 22.214.171.124+
- M210/M210 RTK: 1.1.0410+
- Deprecation Macros Some incorrect enum descriptions and old APIs - specfically the MobileCommunication class - are now deprecated, and a
DJI_DEPRECATED macro has now been added
- Serial Connection Improvements Removed serialDevice validation routine that sometimes reported false positives
- Version String Improvements Hardware versions can now be accessed as
- This version of the SDK will throw warnings about the usage of a deprecated class (
MobileCommunication) - this usage is necessary to provide a clean mechanism for developers to migrate code
that may be using
MobileDevice. If your code uses
MobileCommunication, this is the right time to plan a migration to
MobileDevice. In the next major update,
MobileCommunication will be removed entirely and
MobileDevice will add new features.
OSDK 3.6 Highlights
- Major stereo vision stack update: New samples have been added for better rectification, disparity, and point cloud projection, accurate to a few cm.
- 3D object localization sample: Building on this stack, we now showcase a CNN-based 3D object detection and localization sample.
- Multiple performance improvements and bugfixes: Over twenty bugs have been fixed, and error handling and reporting have been made more robust.
- Samples hang when no data on serial line: The read thread now quits as expected, allowing clean exit.
- Memory Leaks: Fixed a few memory leaks in osdk-core, mainly related to buffers.
- Flight Control Sample height/altitude references: Previously, flight control samples used an incorrect reference for height, causing unpredictable real-world behavior. This has been fixed.
- Many other smaller bugfixes: Undefined return values, uninitialized variables, unreliable initial connection, etc.
- Components initialize on successful activation: All components of Vehicle are now only initialized after activating successfully to allow error handling without the use of exceptions.
- Actionable error messages: Errors at various stages will now offer possible causes and remedies.
- Subscription cleanup: The vehicle initialization routine will automatically clean up if a previous subscription exists in an unclean state. There is a similar fix for the Advanced Sensing library as well.
- Since program components are no longer initialized prior to activation, please ensure that the first API your program calls after initialization is activate.
- Please be sure to update your Advanced Sensing binary to 2.0.1, supporting x86 and 64-bit ARMv8.
OSDK 3.5 Highlights
- Access to live camera streams of M210 and M210 RTK: both FPV camera and main gimbaled camera
- Comprehensive Samples for live camera streams APIs: from basic data accessing samples to more advanced target tracking samples
- More complete license information is added
OSDK 3.4 Highlights
- Support for M210 and M210 RTK:
OSDK features are now supported for M210. Currently, hardware synchronization and Multi-function IO are not supported.
- Stereo vision data from M210 and M210 RTK: Raw images and disparity map from stereo camera pairs of M210 are now available.
- M600 backward compatibility: Supports M600 firmware 126.96.36.199.
- ROS RTK support: RTK data via ROS topics.
- Protocol layer refactor: Improved performance and better abstraction.
- Platform Manager: Better abstraction layer for different computing platforms.
- Dynamic logging control: Developers can now start or stop logging.
- Encryption flag: Implemented getter/setter to modify encryption flag.
- Multi-threaded segmentation fault fix: Prevents access to unallocated memory in callback thread.
- Qt sample failed to initialize serial port: Fixed QThreadManager with renamed pure virtual functions and added mutex to protect init function from being called in two threads.
- OpenProtocol activation fix: Performs activation before using encryption.
- Waypoint push data event handling: Waypoint PushData variable was not set properly.
- Local position reference state fix: Returns state when setting local position.
- Release notes for pre-3.3 releases can be found here.