Last Updated: September 11th, 2019
This Policy describes:
- the information that we gather from you,
- how we use and share this information,
- the rights and choices you have regarding this information,
- the steps we take to protect this information,
- the limitations of this Policy regarding third party websites and content,
- how we transfer your information,
- how we may change this Policy, and
- how you may contact us.
Information We Collect on the DJI Products and Services
- User-provided Information. When you use DJI Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your mobile phone number for account verification purposes.
USES OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use information we collect through DJI Services in a variety of ways in providing the DJI Services and operating our business. We will ensure that the use of information is generally required under the user agreements we have with you, or is in our legitimate interest as part of the DJI Services we provide, or is with your consent. The use of information that we collect includes the following:
- We use the information that we collect through DJI Products and Services to operate, to verify and manage DJI user accounts.
When We Disclose Information
We will not disclose your information that we collect through DJI Services to third parties except as described in this Policy or as we disclose to you at the time the information is collected. We may disclose information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with our parent company, affiliates and subsidiaries globally in order to provide you with DJI services.
- We work with third party service providers for account verification. We require these service providers to use or disclose, the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may preserve and disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, warrant or request, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to preserve and disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activities, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the DJI Services and any facilities or equipment used to make the DJI Services available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- DJI uses a third party verification service provider to verify certain users of DJI Services and DJI may disclose information to this service provider. The service provider may retain credential information provided as part of account verification for compliance and other purposes and may provide such information, to government authorities, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and other duly authorized parties as may be required by or permitted under applicable laws. We require this service provider by contract to use or disclose, the information they process on our behalf, only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- If you consent to our disclosure of information to a third party, such as business partners, or as otherwise authorized under applicable law.
- Information about our users, including information you provided and any information collected through DJI Services, may be disclosed and otherwise communicated to an acquirer, successor, or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, or in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
RIGHTS REGARDING COLLECTED INFORMATION
Your Rights and Choices you have regarding this information
You can access and update your information on your DJI account page. Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to additional information, including the right to request access to and receive certain information about the information we maintain about you, update or correct inaccuracies in the information we maintain about you have the information blocked, deleted, or erased, as appropriate. You also have the right to object to the processing of your information or to withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, including to the transfer of information to other countries.
Note, however, that if you exercise your right to object or your rights of blocking, deletion or to be “forgotten,” or if you decline to share certain information with us, or if you withdraw your consent to our processing of information about you, we may not be able to provide to you some, or any, of the features and functionality of DJI Services.
If you wish to access or amend any other information we hold about you or exercise any other rights you have under applicable data protection law, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you receive commercial email or text messages from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or text message. You may also opt out from receiving commercial email or text messages from us by sending your request to us by email at email@example.com.
DJI Services are not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent.
We use certain physical, organizational, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of information that we collect and maintain. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and thus we cannot and do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, viewed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or organizational safeguards.
International Transfers of Personal Data
DJI Services connect to servers hosted in the United States and China. If you choose to use DJI Services from the European Union or other regions of the world, then please note that you may be transferring your information outside of those regions for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. and China to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and providing the services associated with DJI Services. You should be aware that the local laws in such countries may be different from and offer less protection than the laws applicable in the EEA or elsewhere. For users located in the EEA, your information transferred is protected in a manner that is consistent with how your information will be protected by us in the EEA, such as requiring the data recipients to enter into contracts that include the model contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, or to be certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Retention of Your Information
We retain your information to provide service to you, or as required by applicable laws or regulations. We aim to retain your information only for the period necessary to fulfill our obligations under this Policy, unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
POLICY CHANGES AND UPDATES
Changes and Updates to this Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the DJI Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Limited by applicable laws, your continued use of DJI Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood, and agreed to the current version of this Policy.
Our Contact Information
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy or our data practices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SZ DJI Technology Co., Ltd.14th Floor, West Wing, Skyworth Semiconductor Design Building, No.18 Gaoxin South 4th Ave, Nanshan District, Shenzhen, China, 518057
If you are located in the European Economic Area: The entity responsible for the collection, use, and processing of your information described in this Policy is DJI GmbH, located at Industriestr. 12, 97618 Niederlauer, Germany. You may also reach us at email@example.com. You may contact us to have your information blocked, deleted or erased, or to opt out from profiling where your prior usage of DJI Services is processed to provide you with customized or personalized products, services or advertisements, or to obtain copies of certain of your information in a portable format. You may also lodge a complaint with us, our Data Protection Officer or with your data protection regulator if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us. You can find out more information about your rights by contacting your local data protection regulator or the Bavaria State Office for Data Protection Supervision or by searching their website at https://www.lda.bayern.de/en/index.html. If you have any queries or wish to exercise any of your rights under this Policy, then please contact us as set out above.